[TowerTalk] Protecting Aluminum Antennas

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sat Mar 19 09:25:00 EDT 2016

Aluminum boats and aircraft are sometimes painted.  My Grumman Eagle
canoe (all riveted aluminum construction) has some artwork done in blue
paint that is holding up rather well. I bought the canoe used and have
had it for over 20 years.  It is stored outside in the sun and weather.
I have had to change the bow line due to UV but the paint lives on.
Should be able to get similar results on aluminum antennas.

Patrick         NJ5G