[TowerTalk] SO-239 with longer reach?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Mar 24 22:21:02 EDT 2016

Many companies install them on the outside of the enclosure if the box is
thick. Could you solder it to your PCB after assembly in the enclosure or
use a short lead? Since you're going to have to waterproof the connection
anyway, it is easy to seal the square portion of SO-239.  I would be more
concerned about buying a quality (Amphenol) SO-239.

John KK9A