[TowerTalk] AN Wireless

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Sat May 7 04:08:02 EDT 2016

That's a pretty ignorant comment.  I own an HD-70 tower and I have the
pictures to prove it.

http://www.ab7e.com/AB7E_Tower_Page_1.html

It is indeed a brute.  I'm actually afraid of heights, but that tower is
so sturdy that as long as I'm strapped in with my full body harness and
three straps I'm comfortable working up at the top. I've been up there
in 60 mph winds and can barely feel any sway in the tower (with about 20
sq ft of antenna at the top).  A local wireless ISP uses my tower and
had to get an engineering study done on it to satisfy the local zoning
people ... they came back and said that my tower was only 18% loaded.

Educate yourself and read the engineering study referenced by VE7RF.
The folks who vouch for the AN Wireless towers aren't shills ... they
just know more than you do.

By the way, my 70 foot HD-70 tower was installed per the recommended
base at the time (2008).  It was spec'd at 9 ft by 9ft by 5ft, which
works out to be right at 15 cubic yards of concrete.  Mine ended up
slightly larger because of the nasty large rocks in my soil ... it's
impossible to cut a clean hole here.

Dave   AB7E