[TowerTalk] Right Angle Connectors

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat May 7 12:21:15 EDT 2016

On 5/7/16 8:54 AM, marsh at ka5m.net wrote:
> Well, Amphenol uses PTFE in their RF 83-1SP PL-259 Coaxial Connectors and RF
> 83-1AP UHF Right Angle Coaxial Adapters
>
> From DX Engineering's website:

one can actually go to the horse's mouth, as well:
http://www.amphenolrf.com/083-1sp.html

"Insulator Material 	PTFE"
http://www.amphenolrf.com/downloads/dl/file/id/305/product/3945/083_1sp_customer_drawing.pdf

which says INSULATOR - LCP

which isn't the same..
the 083-750 seems to be the only one that lists LCP as a dielectric

In UHF connectors, Amphenol seems to use:
Delrin (5)  (a white plastic)
LCP (1)
PBT (5)  (a sort of light tan color from the picture on the web)
(083-1R, for instance)
Phenolic (21) (an even lighter tan... seems to be only crimp connectors,
the 083-58SP for RG-58, for instance)
Polypropylene (1) ( a straight crimp 4 hole flange SO-239 jack - dark
brown dielectric)
PTFE (23)

I have no idea what LCP is (liquid crystal polymer? - Vectran and Kevlar
are examples)