[TowerTalk] Right Angle Connectors

Kevin Stover kevin.stover at mediacombb.net
Sat May 7 15:40:02 EDT 2016

Thanks Jim,

I did that.
Do a search on the Amphenol site for 182102 or 182311.
What comes up are the crimp versions of the PL-259 for RG-213, 8U,
etc.... The difference being 102 has a solder on contact and 311 is
crimp. Click on the specs and it'll give you a run down of the
electrical and mechanical specs of the connector. The crimp on is Nickel
plated brass with a solder on gold plated brass center contact and
Phenolic insulator.
Interestingly the crimp on 259 is rated to 2.5 GHz whereas the solder on
is rated to 300 MHz.
Better braid contact? I don't know.