[TowerTalk] Right Angle Connectors

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun May 8 08:55:21 EDT 2016

On 5/7/16 12:40 PM, Kevin Stover wrote:
> Thanks Jim,
>
> I did that.
> Do a search on the Amphenol site for 182102 or 182311.
> What comes up are the crimp versions of the PL-259 for RG-213, 8U,
> etc.... The difference being 102 has a solder on contact and 311 is
> crimp. Click on the specs and it'll give you a run down of the
> electrical and mechanical specs of the connector. The crimp on is Nickel
> plated brass with a solder on gold plated brass center contact and
> Phenolic insulator.
> Interestingly the crimp on 259 is rated to 2.5 GHz whereas the solder on
> is rated to 300 MHz.
> Better braid contact? I don't know.

Or more likely - there's no *requirement* to go higher for the solder on
one.  Someone, somewhere must have put out an RFP asking for it.

It's not like it's a constant impedance connector, so saying it goes to
2.5GHz is sort of meaningless.  For all we know the return loss at 2.5
GHz is -3dB and the forward loss is 40dB, but hey, we did the test at
2.5GHz, just like you asked.