[TowerTalk] Coax Grounding

Timothy A. Holmes taholmes160 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:29:34 EDT 2016

As I am rebuilding the tower, I want to install proper (or at least
reasonably proper) lightning grounding on my coax lines.

My impression of what I have read over the years is that I need a ground
stake near the enterence to the shack with gas discharge tubes on it for
each line of coax.  Right? wrong? totally out to sea?

Is there something else I can / should be doing without totally breaking
the bank? (Yes, I know whatever it is is cheaper than replacing the
house, but im talking REASONABLE risk (The tower will be shorter than
the surrounding trees))

Also, what type / brand of discharge tubes should I use, I notice a
disparity in price -- Again, I want to be reasonable -- As noted, I am
near DXE and would prefer to use their stuff as I can pick it up and
save shipping

Thanks
TIM
W8TAH