[TowerTalk] 22 ft vertical : will this hold in the wind?

Ed Stallman ed.n5dg at gmail.com
Mon May 9 22:47:02 EDT 2016

Towertalkers , I'm putting 8 verticals in a circle , each 22ft tall .
Tapered with 6ft length and all .058 wall  ! The bottom will be  1" with
a 3ft  length of 7/8 " to double wall the base , then taper up with 7/8
, 3/4 and 5/8

To mount and insulate these from ground , I'll cement an 18 " X 3/4"
ID   PVC in the ground flush.. Now use a 3/4 " OD x 36 " fiberglass rod
, slid in the base of the vertical 6 " ... This will put me at one foot
between the earth and base of the vertical !

My concern is the one foot fiberglass rod holding up or not

This will be a Low Band RX antenna . I'm doing it this way so in the
spring I can remove them easily for grass cutting

Thanks Ed N5DG

---