[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: PL259 Cobbectors Part 2 - Murray W9EHQ

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun May 15 00:23:02 EDT 2016

Here are the instructions from Andrew for Helix connector splices
http://www.commscope.com/catalog/doc/pdf/2004/Weatherproofing_Kit_for_Connectors_and_Antennas.pdf

Similar to the well wire splice insulating technique.  The Andrew butyl
tape is a winner.  The kits are about $15 and good for about a dozen 1/2
to 1/2"  connections.

My tower installer used the Andrew kits and finished with a couple of
coats of Krylon exterior acrylic spray over the final vinyl tape wrap,
cheaper and easier than 3M Scotchcoat.

Grant KZ1W