[TowerTalk] HG-70HD

Don W7WLL w7wll at arrl.net
Sun May 15 16:41:53 EDT 2016

Tower current tilted over at about  30 deg via the layover fixture. Mast has a TH7DXX and A3WS on it restricting the ability to lower the tower any further. Need to pull the mast up enough to do a swap out of the rotator (which is simple). Want if possible to avoid dismounting the beams from the mast. Those with this tower know that there is only a short (very short) mast piece between the rotator shelf, the first bearing and mast tube. and the upper bearing. I’ve envisioned what I think I need to do but was wondering if some simple method exists that I’ve overlooked.

Any ‘been there done that’s’ out there who have done the latter in the tilt-over position?

Don W7WLL