[TowerTalk] FXL-780 hardline connector prep

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Mon May 23 12:27:57 EDT 2016

Hi Gary. I do not know anything about your exact cable but I had a
similar issue with some 75 ohm 7/8" armored hard-line that I have been
using for over 15 years now. Now you are going to cringe at my solution,
and I admit I am a hack but my solution was to use a small butane torch
to melt the dielectric out of the cable. I found it to be very
controllable and gave me exactly the results I needed.  Here are a could
of pics showing how I used the cable. Also, note that in my case
standard hardware store copper fittings made ideal parts to use as I was
able to self thread the copper fitting into the ID of the hard-line. I
used the standard anti-oxidant goop before finally threading it in place.

These two images show the application of a standard N-connector onto the
hard-line, in other images I have (if you look on my pages) you can see
where I designed and built up transformers for 2m and 70 cm to use with
this cable.

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/catv4

http://w8bya.com/index.php/Misc/HAM-1/catv4

Gedas, W8BYA