[TowerTalk] FXL-780 hardline connector prep

RCM robrk at nidhog.net
Tue May 24 12:04:28 EDT 2016

> On May 24, 2016, at 10:36, Gary Smith <Gary at ka1j.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> They look to be. The connectors haven't arrived yet, I have them
> coming in from fleabay but I looked on the Commscope page and this
> looks to be the same connector.

Unless you are doing EME on 1296, how about a die cast box, hole in one end, SO239 on the other. Outside, fill with RTV.

After all the fancy connectors, you find yourself “open ended”, going to a relay box or gamma match or dipole center.

Had some surplus boxes and CATV cable, still running fine after 10 years.

Get out your $20,000 TDR, at HF, good luck finding the “bump”.

http://www.mpja.com/Die-Cast-Aluminum-Boxes/products/245/