[TowerTalk] Mono Band delta feed question

R. David Eagle kb8nnu at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 13:02:19 EST 2016

Hello all, I am working on a second mono band delta for my QTH and this time it will be for 80 meters.  I am pretty impressed with the 40 meter version I built but I am suspicious that maybe my RG59 quarter wave stub is incorrect.  I decided to sweep it yesterday with my antenna analyzer and noticed where my antenna is resonant, I was getting around 36 ohms.
My question to you all is if you are running over 500 watts what seems to be the most "efficient" means of matching the feedpoint....cored balun, coax stub, etc???
Any help would be appreciated.
DaveKB8NNU