[TowerTalk] Mono Band delta feed question

Herbert Schoenbohm herbert.schoenbohm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 14:16:02 EST 2016

did you correct the length of the stub b the RG59 velocity factor?  Plus
the stub length is different for foam coax. Since RG-59 is cheap i would
experiment my making the stub too long and then trimming it.   Before
you do anything check the antenna without a stub connected with your
analyzer or at the end of a 1/2 wave (electrical) length of coax to see
what the actual antenna impedance you need to match.  Make sure then
that the wire in the delta loop is close to resonance as that will have
a major impact on the feed impedance. When you get in the ballpark I
would also recommend a current balun at the feed point. Depending on the
way the feed-line dresses away from the antenna should also be taken
into consideration.  I believe a corner fed delta has a impedance lower
than a bottom center fed.  You might check your modeling on that.

Herb, KV4FZ