[TowerTalk] F to UHF adapters

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Oct 2 21:41:55 EDT 2016

It sounds like you're using F connectors for transmitting. This apparently
works for you, I guess I always thought of "F" as a low cost TV RX
connector.

John KK9A

To:	<towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject:	[TowerTalk] F to UHF adapters
From:	"N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz at verizon.net>
Date:	Sun, 02 Oct 2016 12:56:53 -0400

I use RG6 with male F connectors on my receive antennas and 80M 4-sq. At the
Comtek box and receive antenna box, both are covered but outside, I use
F-female to UHF-male adapters. Even though they are covered from the
elements they corrode and fail.  Could not find an Amphenol adapter in their
catalog.

Does anyone know if there is a good quality adapter out there? If no luck
finding a good adapter I can always crimp on PL-259's.

Tnx

N2TK, Tony