[TowerTalk] Boom sag on Cushcraft A4S

Kevin kstover at ac0h.net
Thu Oct 6 20:39:08 EDT 2016

My father has had an A4S up for nearly 25 years sans a boom truss.

We live in Iowa. We have real winter.

We haven't seen the kind of damage Grant is talking about. When it comes
down for bi-annual maintenance we put a new coat of clear Krylon on the
center insulator. I do agree with replacing the DE center tube with
solid fiber glass rod. I built that beam in my fathers driveway and
installed it before I ever had a license. The beam outlasted a roof
tower of questionable manufacture and is now happy on 39' of Rohn 25
tower and Yaesu G-800 installed on his flat garage roof.