[TowerTalk] Boom sag on Cushcraft A4S

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri Oct 7 09:56:34 EDT 2016

The sag will not effect the performance and it will not be noticeable from
the ground.  My homebrew 60' boom antenna sags more than that:) The boom
material is pretty weak on Cushcraft antennas, I have an A3 that I used on
expeditions and I have had the element brackets twist on the boom. There
is a fine line when you tighten them so you do not crush the boom
excessively yet they stay in place.  My A3 worked pretty well for a small
tribander.

GL
John KK9A