[TowerTalk] DOS?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 11 18:27:31 EDT 2016

On 10/11/16 1:16 PM, marsh at ka5m.net wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> My son James, KB5JXV, has 2 Masters Degrees in Computer Science, worked for
> several years as a programmer in Silicon Valley, and is currently teaching
> programming at 2 different colleges. He might be interested in taking a look
> at what you have. I assume the source code is in BASIC,  QuickBASIC, or
> something like that? He programs these days in C++ or C# (or something like
> that), but the programming language he would use is not important, only that
> the app run under Windows 10.

well, one might hope that it would run under *any* version of windows,
and ideally, *any* OS.

that would push towards using an interpreted as opposed to a compiled
language like java, javascript, python, etc. for which run time
environments exist for almost everything.

If you do it in javascript (which the CS majors will hate, it's a
terrible terrible language) then any web browser can run it.

It's kind of a pain, but once you've got python installed, stuff that's
in python seems to run pretty much the same in all environments.