[TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being lifted

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Fri Oct 14 07:58:44 EDT 2016

So Fred pointed this out ... I hadn’t considered it up until then... is it a problem to just allow the legs drag in the dirt while the 60’ piece with rotating ring attached (~850#) is lifted? Is there ANY chance the legs will deform making it impossible to mate it to the tower? I don’t have access to an end loader or any other piece of heavy eqmt ... I thought, and this might sound silly, a dolly ... those cheap(er) ones – seem to be rated at 600# ... if I could get enough guys to lift the end and put that under the end – then we could pull it along as the crane goes up.... although the ground is really rough so that is doubtful... it would probably get stuck and the legs drop off which would be far worse than just having them drag on the ground ... experiences anyone?

Gary