[TowerTalk] use of a basket when antenna just above a K0XG ring

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Mon Oct 17 20:42:08 EDT 2016

The crane rep came out to check out my site – per my request – everything is a go. I asked him about the use of a basket explaining and showing him the rings and their arms ... and the fact that the antennas really need to be all the way up against the tower – he agreed the basket would not allow that.

just an FYI for anyone considering this. Again this was when a guy was ‘in the way’ – not in open space on the tower.

Gary
K9RX

ran a trencher for 7 hours yesterday – 800# monster ... it cut a 4” width – JUST ... and the corex 4” tubing is 5” in diameter. SO I had to go back over it all again (this is VERY hard packed clay – like rock – oh and rock as well) ... that was fun trying to pull the beast to the side so that it would cut additional width as opposed to its desire to just stay in the middle.

today was spent running HL, coax, and control cables through 140’ of the Corex ... managed 8 cables (including one run each 7/8”, 5/8”, 1/2” HL and one coax) and couldn’t pull any more through ... I’ll need to hook up the tractor to get the remaining 3 cables through.

tomorrow is pulling 5 more runs from that tower to the main tower ... HL, coax, control cables.

POOPED. Friday is my day ... coming fast now.