[TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being lifted

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Mon Oct 17 22:55:07 EDT 2016

Hmm. All I can say is we install much larger pieces of assembled tower
than R55 (and 50' pieces of monopole weighing many thousands of pounds
for that matter), and crane operators seem to have no problem picking
the tower from the top end and standing it up straight without dragging
it. It seems to be second nature with these guys.

I can't quite visualize how rings complicate things that much if you
have the base on the ground and the tower tipped up on a support 2/3 or
so up the tower.

-Steve K8LX