[TowerTalk] Radial field question Single radial wires vs mesh and more

Charles Farr cefarr at hughes.net
Fri Oct 28 14:54:56 EDT 2016

I've always identified an interconnected mesh, regardless of what metal
it's mad of as a counterpoise. It may, or may not be "tuned".

Radials are generally identified as being of specific lengths generally
1/4 wavelength to provide the other half to the vertical 1/4 wave in
question, or the the part that make it a vertical dipole. As the radials
may be either one the ground, or elevated, provides a more manageable
match to the antenna system.

I'm sure have stated this, I will have to don my asbestos underwear.
Conceptually, since my teens I have understood it this way.

73

Chuck, W6AJW