[TowerTalk] Radial field question Single radial wires vs mesh and more

Bob K6UJ k6uj at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 28 15:15:49 EDT 2016

Kevin,

Like Jim said:
"Like anything making contact with the chemical makeup of soil and local
moisture at any given QTH, materials that work in one location may not
work in another."

I still have the mesh screens rolled up in the garage.  They were down
for 8 1/2 years.
Still good shape.
We cant base our decision to try it on what did (or didnt) work in other
locations.
The soil is quite different even in areas in the same locale.  In
northern california
it varies quite a bit.  A blanket statement that it is only good for a
temporary install
is not realistic everywhere.  Your results in Tennessee soil don't
necessarily apply to other areas.
I didnt know how how well my use of the galv mesh would work out. LIke I
said it is
cheap and worth a try.

Bob
K6UJ