[TowerTalk] LMR600 male DIN

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Thu Sep 8 13:57:34 EDT 2016

>"## RFS  1/2 inch heliax  is $1.48  ft  from davis RF. "

N4CC and I are gearing up to move our remote internet station about a
half-mile down the edge of the Okefenokee Swamp.  The move is a big hassle
but topography is even better than the current site.

Above ground, we're going to re-use TerraWave TWS-600 cabling since it's
only about one year old.  TWS is a generic equivalent to Times LMR-600.
However, for underground cabling, I'm looking at direct burial of either
gel-flooded TWS-600 or RFS 1/2-inch Cellflex hardline.  Pricing is roughly a
wash when considering cable and connector cost -- and I assume the same for
shipping.

Preference to one installation over the other?  The RFS line has a slightly
better loss spec, but not by much.

Paul, W9AC