[TowerTalk] LMR600 male DIN

charlie at thegallos.com charlie at thegallos.com
Thu Sep 8 16:10:03 EDT 2016

<snip>
Everyone misses why I like DIN and/or N connectors

I've never had much luck with UHF crimp connectors, despite investing
quite a bit.  I've NEVER had N or BNC CLAMP connector fail me (I have also
never had a BNC crimp fail - go figure)  Never actually gotten to used a
DIN yet

I know they make clamp UHF, never gotten to try those either

It is just that soldering UHF frankly is no fun.  Center pin is easy (easy
way to keep solder off?  Use a resistance soldering iron)  The body,
despite LARGER soldering irons and mid power resistance, not so much