[TowerTalk] station to station interference

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 29 12:44:20 EDT 2016

> By the way, I don't need stubs - I have found out.  Just Bandpass

> filters and antenna separation.  1.5kW on all bands and SO2R.

Jim - K9YC stated: "You must have a LOT of separation. Where I think most of
us run into trouble is between 80, 40, and 20 CW, because the harmonics end
up where we're likely to want to operate on the higher band."

Yes - its true, I have a second harmonic on 40 when CQing 80 or 20 when
CQing 40.  And its about 40dB over on 40 because I can listen with my phased
beverages to EU.  On 20 its 60dB over with 150ft separated towers that are
"tip to tip" oriented when aiming to EU.  It does wipe out about 3khz of
usable band but other than that there is no effect with narrow CW filtering.
This issue has not risen high enough on my SO2R improvement list to solve
with stubs yet.

73

Ed  N1UR