[TowerTalk] Long Tangent U Bolts

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Mon Apr 10 10:54:19 EDT 2017

Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:35:31 -0700
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll at arrl.net>
To: "Towertalk" <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Long Tangent U Bolts

Has anyone used U-Bolt-It in Houston to fabricate longer U bolts than available in standard sizes? If so were they able to deal with small quantities at a reasonable price (like 2 to 4 pieces)?

Don W7WLL

##  what size  bolt..and how long does it have to be ?      The SS  U bolts I bought from DX eng  have the longest threads I have ever seen on any U bolt.   They provide for bucket loads of
excess thread.   They also come in both  .3125 and also .375 sizes.  You can easily have enough thread to go through say a .75 inch thick AL plate..with plenty left over for the nut etc.

Jim  VE7RF