[TowerTalk] Long Tangent U Bolts

Don W7WLL w7wll at arrl.net
Mon Apr 10 12:30:23 EDT 2017

I was thinking LONG U-bolts Jim, like to fasten two 2 inch boom pieces
together or other such odd needs plus possibly a saddle and rigid plate. I
see DX Eng sells the SS or Alum saddles and a rigid plate in a set, but I
just need 1/2 of the saddle set plus the rigid plate. Also need to take into
account the fastening hardware.  That ends up a LONG U bolt. I looked at DX
Eng data on the U bolts and see the ID, thread size and length but nothing
on the C length, the OA length from the inside of the curve to the end of
the bolt thread (unless I missed something).

Don W7WLL