[TowerTalk] Belden 9913F7 coax

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Apr 26 18:42:14 EDT 2017

On Tue,4/25/2017 4:00 PM, Mark Spencer wrote:
> Generic LMR400UF

LMR400UF is NOT generic, it has a detailed product spec and is made by
only Times Microwave. There ARE other vendors who sell coax they claim
is "LMR400 equivalent," but they are LYING!

My current "go-to" vendor for coax for use at HF is Davis RF. I use
their BuryFlex for 50 ohms, and their RG11 when I need 75 ohms. I've
measured both. The RG11 has the same specs as Belden 8213, which is
about the best you can do for 75 ohm coax (other than hard line). Belden
makes great cables, but their distributor relationships, and the
associated markups, price them out of the market.

73, Jim K9YC