[TowerTalk] Belden 9913F7 coax

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Apr 27 03:13:59 EDT 2017

I can't speak for 9913F, but the UF versions of the Times Wire cables do
not stand up well to the elements.  Their lifetime is listed at half the
regular cables. The jacket is a rubber like material that tends to cling
to "things".  I had a bad experience using it for rotator loops and a
very short life. (less than 6 years).  I had some left and used it for
jumpers from the coax grounding plate at the base of the tower. these
jumpers do not move as opposed to rotator loops.  They failed in just a
few years. As I was taping up a temporary splice (we ran out of time
with rain on the way) I discovered splits in the jacket of the LMR400UF
that exposed the shield.

The original 9913 soured me on anything with those numbers in the
designation, but the 9913F has a good reputation. the UF cables do not.
Unfortunately I discovered this after an order for a 1000 feet of
LMR600UF had been shipped. So, I use it in conduit where it's protected
and hope for the best. Actually most of my coax is in conduit except the
stuff on the tower, or running to the feed points on the center fed,
sloping dipoles. As for the 9913F, I'd probably would use it except for
my preference to use Davis BuryFlex.

73, Roger (K8RI)