[TowerTalk] Wire antenna in trees? (Patrick Greenlee) (Kelly Taylor) (Jim Brown)

Terry G. Glagowski / W1TR w1tr at yccc.org
Fri Aug 4 10:23:52 EDT 2017

I use #10 Stranded Insulated Wire from the hardware store...
I buy it in 500 ft rolls and have it on hand for antenna construction and repair.
I make a loop in the end of the wire and use a rope loop in combination for the end
insulator and haul it all up over the tree tops. (not recommended for 10 KW operation !)
I use a 60 pound hunting bow and used / cheap arrows with weights instead of points, and
use 20 pound fishing line and a reel for skyhook hunting.

In addition to my YAGIs, I have a number of USAF MARS antennas for lower frequencies...
I run HIGH POWER and have no problems...
Same construction for LOOP and Inverted-L antennas.

73, Terry / W1TR  :  )