[TowerTalk] Wire antenna in trees? (Patrick Greenlee) (Kelly Taylor) (Jim Brown)

Mickey Baker fishflorida at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 11:39:01 EDT 2017

Here in Florida where high winds are fairly common, I use the Davis
FlexWeave insulated wire and, in the case of loops, "float" the wire,
allowing it to slide through insulators at the corners. I terminate it at
the ends with dipoles and use 5/16" UV stabilized Dacron line through
pulleys to weights keeping it taught. When the trees I use as supports
sway, the weights go up and down, keeping a standard load on the wire and
moving the friction point a bit to avoid single point wear.

It has been up over two years now, gale force winds on a number of
occasions and no failures! (Knock wood.)

Tough wire. Same as or similar to Wireman Silky.

73,

Mickey N4MB