[TowerTalk] PST61 Rotor Reliability?

Doug Turnbull turnbull at net1.ie
Fri Dec 8 18:14:41 EST 2017

Sam,
    Living in Ireland, I have suffered some damage from water ingress over
the years.    The design has been improved but I might suggest you wrap
joints with self amalgamating tape to further improve water ingress.

     I have used these rotators for nearly ten years now to rotate a 4
element SteppIR with trombone and never suffered any mechanical problem
other than water ingress.    If you are worried you could use the PST-71,
which is a real beast.

      The positioning pot is available for replacement from Array Solutions
if it ever gives trouble.   A plate beneath the rotator allows easy access
to do this.

       Good luck.

                     73 Doug EI2CN