[TowerTalk] common mode chokes, baluns and multiband doublets

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Mon Dec 11 21:18:04 EST 2017

There are a lot of reasons why window line is not a good idea, but it's
totally wrong to say that a common mode choke will choke the signals on
window line.   I really don't understand why you would say that.  The
fields generated by each wire for a signal traveling along window line
oppose each other ... there is no field to choke if the currents are
equal (i.e., the line is balanced).  And if the currents are not equal,
then the common mode choke more or less forces them to be equal ... just
like a common mode choke is supposed to.

Dave   AB7E