[TowerTalk] PST61 Rotor Reliability?

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Dec 13 14:37:52 EST 2017

THANK YOU!

Finally someone understands.  I never meant my original reply about the
PST-61D to devolve into this lengthy discussion, but I couldn't let it
drop without the story being set straight.  My situation is indeed
peculiar ... possibly even unique ... but some physically erroneous
comments were popping up in some of the replies that needed to be corrected.

And yes, my options at this point appear to be either a PST-71D or a
prop pitch from K7NV.  I've ruled out the PST-110D for two reasons ...
one is simply the weight of the beast, and the other is the fact that
Pro-Sis-Tel apparently went to a Hall Effect position sensor for it.
Here is WA7NB's experience with the PST-110D:

https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?action=printpage;topic=105416.0

He ended up going with a prop pitch (don't remember which size).  I
emailed Array Solutions to get their side of the story on WA7NB's
issues, but they never responded.

73 and thanks again,

Dave  AB7E