[TowerTalk] painting concrete

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Feb 7 03:53:04 EST 2017

My shop has many coats of 2 part epoxy.

I needed to cut some wood on the table saw and didn't have a dust
collector yet, so I laid down several sheets of polyethylene. That
worked great, except... there was some very fine dust that made its way
past the sheets. I took one steep onto the painted floor.  The only time
I ever went down that fast and hard, was forgetting to take the guards
off my ice skated.  That hurt! At least I didn't break anything.
At the W end of the shop, the S side has an 8' garage door.  I simply
rented a very heavy, orbital sander and used a coarse sand paper to do a
strip 8' wide from that door across the end of the shop. It worked as
well inside and left a better finish than using sand or an anti slip
compound.

The aprons for the garage and shop are painted with epoxy "with a lot of
sand mixed in!

73

Roger (K8RI)