[TowerTalk] Insurance

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 7 19:16:10 EST 2017

On 2/7/17 3:46 PM, Arnie Pfingst wrote:
> Several people here have mentioned "home owners insurance" will cover towers and antennas. Here in So. Calif i was advised by my insurance co. that unless "Tower. or Antenna Support" or what ever is specifically mentioned its not covered in any way. I got a special rider to make sure my tower and antenna are covered. It is like $15 yr for full replacement cost

Of significantly more interest, given the attractive nuisance aspect
being discussed, is whether the HO liability coverage also extends to
the antenna support structure.

the risk exposure is small for this..- the dominant source of liability
claims for HO insurance (something like >30%) is dog bites.