[TowerTalk] LPDA optimal height

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Tue Feb 14 12:15:33 EST 2017

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 07:23:58 -0500
From: "john at kk9a.com" <john at kk9a.com>
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LPDA optimal height

As you figured out, there is no perfect height. I would avoid going too
high where you create nulls at critical angles. My question is why do you
want to use a Log Periodic? I have never modeled one but they look to be
nothing more than multiple dipoles and they can have common mode current
if the coax is not properly routed around the hot boom. I used a small LP
once from the Caribbean and never felt loud.

John KK9A

##  Optibeam has now re-written the book on LPs.
http://optibeam.net/index.php?article_id=131&clang=1

http://optibeam.net/index.php?article_id=135&clang=1
This lp has stupid amounts of FB  on 5 bands.

For the OP,  75 ft would be a good compromise.

Jim  VE7RF