[TowerTalk] Antenna spacing

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 21 17:49:16 EST 2017

On Mon,2/20/2017 12:56 PM, Daniel Hileman wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> Iam planning on building a "small contest" station on 20 acres. I plan on having a 4square array on 80m, and 2 ele yagi @70' for 40m, and eventually a 1/4 wave vertical for 160m.

Sounds great.

> Rigs will be FT-2000 and FTdx-3000.

That's the first thing I would change. Rigs like the K3S and the top
stuff have superior strong signal performance and much lower phase
noise.  You will also want either stubs or high power bandpass filters
on the output of the power amps on 80, 40, and 20.

I'll let others respond about spacing. For CQP county expeditions, we
run CW and SSB on the same band with dipoles that are approximately
inline with each other separated by about 200-250 ft. We run K3s with
KPA500s (600W). But antenna directivity matters a lot.

73, Jim K9YC