[TowerTalk] K2LNS

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 27 14:03:21 EST 2017

On 2/27/17 10:43 AM, Herb Krumich via TowerTalk wrote:
> Is there anyone that saw the cover, actually going to use the picture as an instruction manual for how to climb a tower.My immediate thought,  it was nice to have a young person involved in the greatest hobby in the world

nope..

But I think the tenor of some of the comments is "it would have been
easy to make it right", and that's sort of true.

It's kind of like science/engineering inaccuracies in TV and movies (so
far, I've not seen significant inaccuracies in any stage presentation,
but then, there's not much science in Shakespeare).

Most producers/directors will try to get it basically right, but there's
always time/money/artistic pressure.  The best you hope for is no
extreme gaffes, particularly if it's an incidental detail (like someone
in the background sending Morse code with the mode selector on the
transceiver set to AM). When they get it right, it's like finding an
easter egg in software.