[TowerTalk] K2LNS

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Mon Feb 27 15:22:34 EST 2017

You mean like when Hans Solo brags about making a specific run in so
many parsecs as if parsecs (parallax seconds) were a unit of time
instead of distance.  What a gaff!

Most commercial work is on a tight budget in both both time and money
domains and getting it right is not always near the top of the
prioritized to do list. The photographer probably composed the picture
while the tower was not being climbed.  Safety personnel may not have
been on scene if no real climbing was scheduled.  OK, girl not
endangered.  Bad editorial review.  Poor example of how to climb a tower
safely.  So don't be a jerk and harangue the QST staff.  Instead mention
to them their demonstrated need for better technical oversight,
especially in safety related matters.

Patrick        NJ5G