[TowerTalk] Me vs Squirrels - conclusion

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 1 09:58:22 EST 2017

Gene,

Your latest waterproofing idea is a close clone of the Andrew splicing
process.

one layer of 3/4" 33 or 88

two layers of amalgamating sealant tape (more like butyl than silicone)

one layer of 2" 33 equivalent,, the 2" is important to not squeeze out
the sealant tape

another 3 layers of 3/4" 33  (actually the kits contain 3M Temflex
brand, a cheaper version of 33)

(my tower guy then adds a heavy coat of acrylic clear spray)

The Andrew kits are cheap (<$16 last bought) and have enough for
materials for a dozen UHF splices.

All comes off clean and is proven in commercial service.

Happy New Year to all!

Grant KZ1W

instructions at
http://www.commscope.com/catalog/doc/pdf/6568/Weatherproofing_Kit_for_Connectors_and_Antennas.pdf