Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding Question

To: "K8RI on TT" <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding Question
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 22:42:24 -0400
Roger:

     I understand why you might think that weatherproofing a ground clamp on
braided coax like RG-8/u might be tricky.  However, it can be done if you
apply the proper materials.

     I posted some time back in 2001 about applying homemade ground clamps
to my runs of RG-213 at the top and bottom of my tower:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2002-07/msg00698.html
.  You can see photos of how Joe KC2TN followed my suggestions here:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2007-10/msg00356.html
.  The trick to getting a proper seal is to use Scotch 2200 Mastic Pads to
cover the clamp and to bridge the cut in the coax shield.
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/ersmar/?action=view&current=Scotchmastic.jpg
 ,
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/ersmar/?action=view&current=Masticsealed.jpg

,  and