[TowerTalk] Solar Panel RFI/Microinverters

J D donovanj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 06:26:23 EST 2017

QST had an article and the ham had put up a system with micro-inverters. He
found he needed to take RFI mitigation's on each micro-inverter.

If I recall the article suggested that string inverters were less noisy as
manufacturers could spend a little more on a higher cost string inverter to
improve RFI without increasing their product price too much. But those same
measures applied to each micro would increase their cost quite a bit,
relatively speaking. Also if the end-user had to take RFI mitigation steps,
doing that to a few string inverters was less time consuming than
mitigating dozens of on panel inverters, plus the work would generally be
at ground level vs on the roof.

_JD