[TowerTalk] Solar Panel RFI/Microinverters

Charles Farr cefarr at hughes.net
Thu Jan 19 08:27:10 EST 2017

I also have an 8 Kw PV array. I have one big inverter (which) likely has
several inverter units inside the cabinet. When it was being installed,
I had the solar provider do the research and to provide the emission
data for the unit. Mine was made in Germany, so the specs were pretty
good. I can detect no attributable RFI/EFI from my installation. Not all
this stuff is created equal. If you contemplate adding solar to your
home, be sure to stipulate that the equipment is clean, or that it be
made clean as part of the installation. I was lucky in that the owner
was and EE and we could talk on that level. Very  happy with my system
and  no change to my very quiet RF environment. YMMV.

Chuck, W6AJW