[TowerTalk] Opinions on the RF-PRO-1B Active Magnetic Loop Antenna?

Jeff Draughn n0ost99 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:33:46 EST 2017

I had one on loan for a few weeks over the holidays. Mounted about 12 feet
off the ground.

In no way is this meant to be a through review.
I have no experience with mag loop antennas other than this.
It performed well but in almost every case my OCF antenna surpassed it in
the ham bands. In the BCB the loop was slightly better about half the time.
If you're short on space for a wire antenna it's a good alternative
otherwise I would stick with the wire. The only advantage at my location
was being able in some cases to null out or reduce interference from other
stations.
I returned it to the owner with thanks for the loan.
73, Jeff