[TowerTalk] MFJ 998RT Hi-Power Remote Auto Antenna Tuner (1500 watts)

Lee L at w0vt.us
Tue Jan 24 00:42:45 EST 2017

Has anyone on here been using a MFJ-998RT Auto Remote Antenna Tuner?
If so, I'd like to hear what you think of it.  I am considering buying
one as the remote concept and 1500 watts capability intrigues me.  My
only fear is the MFJ name!  I don't fully trust them and would hate to
spend $770 for a piece of troublesome junk.  I'd also like to know if
you can really actually use this tuner with a two tube 3-500Z amplifier
such as a Drake L-4B.  (I'd like to use the tuner on the end of a 250
foot long wire.) My experience with MFJ tuners is you better DE RATE the
tuner bye a large margin.
Lee, w0vt