[TowerTalk] Strange Balun...please help

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Wed Jan 25 13:18:55 EST 2017

Yes indeed 800 ohms is perfect as a termination. This device seems to be
a real brute and may have come from military surplus as they used T2FD
antennas for many installations because their work was very frequency
agile from 2-30 Mhz.  I guess since they had big QRO transmitters the
induced termination loses were not a problem for them.  The T2FD is said
also to be a fairly quiet antenna.