[TowerTalk] DC-4 or DC-5 ?

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sun Jul 9 11:59:49 EDT 2017

Which of the Dow corning products  would be best for coax connector center pins,
and also on the threads of coax connectors ?

http://www.dowcorning.com/applications/search/default.aspx?R=402EN  Scroll down a bit to get the pdf file.

http://www.dowcorning.com/applications/search/default.aspx?R=12722EN  Pdf file is down a  bit.

DC-4 might be better for threads...and DC-5  might be better for the center pin, dunno, it’s a  little confusing.

DC-4 is good for spark plugs, which is hv.   Then DC-5 is made for HV.  yet the DC-4 has a higher standoff V, 1 kv per mil.
DC-5 is  545 V per mil.

I also need something to coat  the rubber gasket seals on several nema-4 boxes which will be outdoors.

I might get one of each type, as I can see where this goop would work on a lot of items used both indoors and outdoors.

Has anybody used either of these products...and what application did you use it ?

Jim  VE7RF