[TowerTalk] DC-4 or DC-5 ?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun Jul 9 20:13:25 EDT 2017

I use the auto store spark plug silicone goop on the threads of PL259
connectors to help keep water out and make disassembly easier.  Nothing
on the center pin (if I do it right).  All cables into PLs are sealed
cable jacket to PL body with adhesive lined heat shrink.  (need to
preheat the connector or get it hot enough for the adhesive to really
bond).  All solder holes are filled with solder that wets to the
center.  Then the Andrew/Commscope waterproofing technique goes over the
connection if long term exposure is planned.

The small tear open packets are convenient and have enough grease for
several UHF connections.

Grant KZ1W